Submitting your project to the 2022 IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards is a unique opportunity to gain industry recognition while having your work evaluated against the Global Standard of the Communications Profession.
IABC’s Seven-Point Global Scale of Excellence is the standard by which each entry is scored, creating a level-playing field. Diversity and context are celebrated and understood. Entries do not compete with each other. Rather, entries are scored vis-a-vis the rubrics and standards. Most importantly, you will also learn through the scores and comments of distinguished communicators who have volunteered as judges.
We will once again use Awards Force as our online award system. This system aligns with IABC Gold Quill Awards and IABC Canada’s Silver Leaf Awards, making it easier for you to scale up and submit the same entry across all IABC award programs to gain national and international recognition.
Winning an IABC/Toronto OVATION Award gives you:
- Formal recognition of your communications excellence
- Measured success according to the global standard set by IABC
- Valuable feedback from senior professionals, providing insight into the work you produce that will help you become more strategic
- Confirmation of the value you create for clients or your organization
- An enriched profile and reputation to your clients, leadership and key stakeholders that demonstrates the value of strategic communication
- Pride in your accomplishments and a stronger résumé
- A portfolio of work that opens doors to new opportunities
- A contribution to the strong reputation of local communications, marketing and creative professionals as strategists who help drive business results
Who should enter?
The 2022 IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards are open to any individual – from student to polished professional – in the Greater Toronto Area (member or non-member) whose project, campaign or tactic meets best practices for business communications.
Whether you are a communication, marketing or creative professional, consider entering a submission. Each submission must have been planned, produced and completed within the three-year period prior to submission.
You may submit as many entries as you wish. Each entry must meet the requirements of the selected category.
The same project can be entered into several categories as long as each entry is tailored to the specific category criteria. Each entry must be submitted separately, and entry fees apply for each submission. The same project may not be submitted more than once (i.e. by different individuals) in the same category but can be submitted to different categories (no more than once to each category).
All eligible work must be implemented, published or broadcast between January 2019 and the day of submission. If a long-term strategy was developed prior to January 2019 and has not previously been entered, it is eligible for entry. If you entered your work in 2020 or 2021 and did not win an award, you may revise and re-enter your project. Entries that have won in previous years may not be resubmitted.