It’s our BIG year! As the largest chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) worldwide, we’re excited to celebrate our 80th anniversary.
Since 1942, communication and public relations professionals in the Greater Toronto Area like you have turned to us to connect with the people and insights they need to drive business results and elevate their excellence and experience.
To commemorate and celebrate this exciting milestone, we’d love to hear your IABC story!
As the largest chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) worldwide, IABC/Toronto is celebrating our 80th anniversary this year. To commemorate this historic milestone, we are putting together a very special commemorative edition of Communicator focused on our member stories through the years.
Why did you join IABC? What keeps you coming back? What’s your most memorable moment? What makes you proud to be a part of this powerful IABC community? What are you looking forward to most as we step into the next decade in IABC/Toronto’s history?
You are the natural storytellers, with 80 years’ worth of stories – share yours!
There are several ways you can contribute to the anniversary edition:
- Share a picture, a memory, or a video message about your IABC experience over the years – perfect for those who don’t have much time to write, but still want to be part of the action.
- Write an article (500 words or less) about your own IABC/Toronto experience – email the Editor-in-Chief for more details.
- Share your IABC/Toronto story on social media – help us celebrate and create a community of connection.
It’s not just our past that shines bright on this 80th anniversary. As IABC/Toronto looks to the future, we see it as a time for communication professionals to shin\e. As integral parts of our organizations, we’ve never been more needed and valued than we are today.
Predecessor Associations to IABC/Toronto:
- 1942 to 1947: Canadian Association of Personnel Publication Editors (CAPPE)
- 1947 to 1970: Canadian Industrial Editors Association (CIEA)
- 1970 to 1974: Corporate Communicators Toronto