External Communications Strategist
Our dynamic Corporate Communications team is looking for a Communications Strategist who wants to use their storytelling ability and stakeholder engagement skills to help tell Purolator’s innovation story.
Who you are:
You are a media-savvy team player who exhibits good judgement, commitment to excellence and new ideas. You are an exceptional writer with an eye for detail and a “can-do” attitude. You are strategic and customer-focused, and you’re also self-motivated, resourceful and flexible.
What you’ll do:
As a Communications Strategist, you will help drive Purolator’s media relations, social media and stakeholder engagement efforts. You will be involved in all areas of the business, collaborating with internal partners at all levels, to guide our corporate story and support our strategic objectives through effective internal and external communications.
This role would be a good fit for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can hit the ground running by leading traditional communication and social media strategies.
- Partner with customer-facing teams to guide corporate storytelling, external communications and thought-leadership initiatives aligned to our strategic themes.
- Create integrated public relations campaigns that promote the positive outcomes of Purolator’s corporate initiatives.
- Enhance Purolator’s public relations and social media functions, including development and execution of our social media channel strategy.
- Look for storytelling and thought-leadership opportunities, respond to inquiries and foster positive relationships with media, external stakeholders and partners.
- Lead and support development of well-crafted written materials that effectively communicate messages to key stakeholders (internal and external).
- Support issues management and crisis communication preparedness and responses.
- Keep current with social media and public relations best practices, trends and technologies.
- Oversee media monitoring and analysis to share insights with Purolator’s leadership team.
You must have:
- A passion for communications, including news, traditional and social media.
- Impeccable writing and proofreading skills, particularly for media and external stakeholder communications.
- Extensive experience identifying and activating traditional public relations and social media strategies.
- A solid track record in effectively promoting products and services through business and consumer media.
- Strong foundational knowledge and use of digital platforms and communication mediums.
- Understanding of issues/crisis management.
- Exceptional professional judgement and project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and an acute eye for detail.
- Ability to multi-task, determine priorities and work under pressure of deadlines.
- Creativity, positive energy and a great attitude.
- A passion for going the extra mile to deliver great results.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Post-secondary education required, ideally in corporate communications, public relations or journalism.
- At least five years’ experience working in corporate communications or similar field.
- Working with internal business partners to achieve communication goals.
- Writing and producing internal and external communications.
- Working in a media relations capacity.
- Public relations agency experience is an asset.
Click here to submit your resume today.
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.