Volunteer with IABC/Toronto
IABC/TORONTO MEMBERS ONLY!
IABC/Toronto is looking for dedicated volunteer for the new board year! Volunteers are the backbone of IABC/Toronto. Ninety per cent of services provided to members are planned by an enthusiastic team of volunteers.
By becoming involved in IABC/Toronto, members find increased opportunities to network, develop new skills, gain new experiences and have fun while making an impact.
There are a variety opportunities available that highlight different skill sets and time commitments. The volunteer application form lets members identify interests, and then for IABC/Toronto to assign volunteer responsibilities based on interests.
There are a lot of volunteer opportunities to select from! Below is just a sample of what we have available:
- Communications – Includes member communications, marketing and social media, website.
- Membership – Includes member retention and recruitment, special interest groups (e.g., PIC), young professionals,
- Programs – Includes chapter awards, networking events and event logistics, volunteers.
- Strategic Partnerships – Includes partnership management and recruitment, advertising, sponsorship.
- Professional development events — event logistics (venue/catering sourcing), speaker recruitment, event
promotion, theme development.
- Networking Events — event logistics (venue/catering sourcing), event promotion, theme development.
- OVATION Awards Gala — gala theme, materials, awards, logistics, venue/catering sourcing, gala promotion.
- Development and promotion of the 2017 OVATION Award Call for Entries.
- Logistics and OVATION awards judging.
- Manage and co-ordinate Communicator of the Year Award (COTY) call for submissions, judging, event.
- Manage and co-ordinate Student of the Year Award (SOTY).
- Manage and co-ordinate Mentor of the Year Award (MOTY).
- Manage and co-ordinate Mentorship Program.
- Organize IABC/Toronto’s AGM and Volunteer Appreciation Event (June 2017).
- Co-ordinate volunteer recruitment, assignment and recognition.
Ready To Apply?
Complete a volunteer form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm once received.
We highly recommend submitting a volunteer form sooner than later as often positions fill fast!