What will disqualify entries?
- Entries are not submitted and paid for by the entry deadline
- Entry is submitted in wrong division or category
- Entry is incomplete or inaccurate
- Entry is not submitted online
- Work plan exceeds the page limit, is not clear or does not follow submission guidelines
- Work plan or work sample is missing or incomplete
- Work submitted is not your own.
- Failure to acknowledge key creative contributions
- Letter of permission is missing (if applicable – i.e., agencies submitting on behalf of a client must provide a letter of permission)
We do not want our work plan made public. Is there any way to keep this information private?
YES. While entering online, you can choose the option to keep your entry private due to proprietary interests.
Do we have to disclose information regarding the budget?
YES. If you do not provide budget information, you will be penalized in the marking process. Ensure you check the confidentiality box on the online site when submitting your entry. If you cannot provide exact budgets due to proprietary reasons, please provide an approximate budget.
If I have won in another IABC award program for the same submission, does it mean I will win automatically?
- There is no guarantee of winning an OVATION Award. Each entry is judged against the specific category criteria.
Do the judges really pay attention to details such as the permitted margin size and the length of the work plan?
YES. If you get these details wrong, you will be disqualified.
What happens to the entries after the competition is completed?
All submissions will be deleted by June 28, 2024 by IABC/Toronto. Only those with permission are able to access the secure online management system.
Can I submit my entry in a binder or on a CD/DVD?
- Submissions (work plans and work samples) will only be accepted through the online system.
I have several testimonial letters, but they mention the name of another awards program. Do I need to get authors to slightly “reword” these letters to mention OVATION Awards?
In your testimonial, you may insert ellipses (…) to acknowledge that the quote is not in full.
Must testimonial letters be signed?
Email testimonials are acceptable provided they are properly articulated and include the sender’s name, the date, etc. An electronic signature is acceptable.
Are winners able to purchase additional statues and plaques for team members?
YES. Details on purchasing additional awards will be sent to winners as part of the Winner’s Package in March 2024.
How do I pay offline? I would like to pay by cheque.
Unfortunately, we can only accept online payments at the time of submission in the online award system.
I have become an IABC/Toronto member since I created my entry. Can I change my membership status to take advantage of the IABC member rate?
If you have created an entry and have not paid or submitted it, you can navigate to Entrant and update your membership information. The new rate will be reflected when you pay. Please note, a valid member ID is required for validation. If you have already paid and/or submitted your entry, please contact the IABC/Toronto office for information.
If you have any questions about the 2024 IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards, our team would be happy to help!
|OVATION Awards general inquiries
Via Dulay (She/Her)
|Judging & Evaluation
Amie Silverwood (She/Her)
Marco Perri (He/Him)
For assistance submitting your 2024 IABC/Toronto OVATION Award entries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with us today!