Formal and informal mentoring is an important aspect of professional development and is essential to the communications sector’s growth. Mentoring is a developmental relationship between an experienced, trusted advisor (mentor) and a less experienced professional (mentee) – a truly shared learning experience that benefits both parties.
Benefits for Mentees
- Make a meaningful connection with a senior professional communicator
- Learn about the industry and get exposure to different communication practices
- Develop business acumen, learn new tools and skills, and create a stronger professional network
Benefits for Mentors
- Share your expertise and guidance with a junior professional communicator
- Learn from your mentee’s experiences and gain new perspectives and fresh ideas.
- Become a stronger, more confident leader and help shape our leaders of tomorrow
IABC/Toronto’s Mentorship Program is a members-only program that was designed to build meaningful connections between seasoned and junior professional communicators from across various industries, learn from each other and give back to the profession. It includes a structured matching program between mentors and mentees – all to create a safe and comfortable environment to promote professional skills, guidance and support as you move closer to reaching your career goals.
What previous participants are saying:
“Participating in the IABC/Toronto Mentorship Program has given me the opportunity to ask important questions about my career. By meeting with a mentor on a monthly basis, I’ve had the chance to broaden my understanding of internal and external communications and connect with other experienced professionals. I would highly recommend the program to anyone looking to broaden their understanding of communications.”
–Sabrina Lavi (2020/21 Mentee)
Interested in joining the Mentorship Program?
- Not a member yet? Unlock the benefits of becoming a member of IABC/Toronto.
- Member? Log in to submit your application.