Help make a fellow communication professional’s day, week or maybe even month by highlighting what inspires you about them on your social media profiles.
During the month of October 2020, we’re challenging communication professionals to get involved by sharing a video or photo of an IABC/Toronto member or other comms colleague that inspires you. This individual may have worked on a project that you thought was great, maybe you appreciate how active of an association member they are, or perhaps there’s another reason that makes you want to highlight them. All communication professionals are welcome to participate.
Feel good about raising awareness of the individual(s) you profile, while simultaneously creating a great piece of content for your own social profile, and helping us spread the word about the amazing individuals that make up the communication profession, many of which are IABC/Toronto members.
Here’s a rundown of how to participate:
WHAT: A 30-60 second video filmed on your smartphone OR a photo with accompanying text, explaining the individual you are profiling and why they inspire you. Feel free to create more than just one post!
- Suggested structure:
- Intro: Let your network know what you’re up to – “I’m pleased to participate in IABC/Toronto’s Inspiring Communicators Challenge.”
- Set-up: Start by explaining why the person inspires you – “The person I want to shine a spotlight on always…”
- Reveal: Announce who the individual is – “x” you are inspiring to me”
- Challenge: Pass along the challenge – “And now I challenge you to select a communication professional and post a video or photo explaining what inspires you about them.”
- ***IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to tag the individual you are profiling by using the “@” symbol so they will be notified of your post and encouraged to participate. Also use the hashtag #IABCTorontoChallenge so others can easily find your post.
WHEN: Post anytime during the month of October
WHERE: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram – post on one or all of the social platforms you use
HOW: If you want to record a video grab your smartphone, turn it on selfie video mode and hit record. Once complete you can either upload it directly through the social platform app on your phone, or email the video to yourself and upload it through a desktop computer.
*You can follow along and see who’s participating by searching the #IABCTorontoChallenge hashtag on the social platforms mentioned above during the month of October.