Haysi Vale is the Managing Director of Toronto’s IABC Student Communicators Circle.
An accomplished singer/songwriter and recipient of several federal arts grants, Haysi is eager to combine her art of storytelling through lyrics with her communication knowledge to assist firms in designing respectful, clear, and honest messaging.
Haysi believes that creative people make good communication practitioners because both professions require creative minds.
In addition to her role as Director of Toronto’s IABC Student Communicators Circle, Haysi volunteered with the 2022 Ovation Awards Committee. Working alongside knowledgeable communication professionals helped Haysi realize how impressive and rewarding IABC membership is.
Haysi eagerly confirms that membership in the Toronto IABC is an investment in one’s future.
She boasts that:
- IABC membership provides opportunities to learn about the international aspects of IABC.
- Volunteer for roles that close experience gaps.
- Attend professional development events.
- An organized path for students to transition their membership from student to full member
- Space for members to rub elbows with Toronto’s top communicators in an atmosphere of collegial comradeship.
- Overall, Toronto IABC provides a platform where real-world communication issues, their remedies and stakeholder impacts can be vetted.
Most of all, Haysi is excited about growing with IABC over her entire career.
Currently, she works part-time as an assistant to the Director of Operations of CFS (corporate fleet services), gathering data and insights for federal-level consulting projects. She is eager to join the wider world of communications.
Haysi also has a message for all recent communication graduates. “I’m leading an IABC/Toronto workshop for new graduates and how to land internships and entry-level jobs.” If you are interested in presenting and speaking, contact Haysi firstname.lastname@example.org. She would love to hear from you and discuss your participation in this student professional activity.
Leave a Reply