Are you looking to enhance your leadership skills, expand your network, supercharge your career and give back to your profession?
IABC/Toronto is looking for a dedicated volunteer to join its Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA) Committee as Co-Chair for the 2022-2023 term to raise the bar on representation for professional communicators.
This leadership opportunity with the largest IABC chapter worldwide will help drive strategic recommendations and strategies to the Board of Directors that will further inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility in the communications profession in the Greater Toronto Area and beyond.
About the role:
- Alongside the Vice President, IDEA and other committee Co-Chair, you will be responsible for providing leadership to the committee in pursuit of its mandate. |
- Assist with rotating leadership at monthly committee meetings, act as the official spokesperson for the committee and ensure that the committee operates in an inclusive and equitable manner.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with the VP, IDEA and Co-Chair, IDEA to plan and reflect on challenges, wins and strategy.
- Provide oversight and input into the various initiatives from the committee’s four portfolios: Advocacy & Collaboration, Communications, Affinity Groups and Events.
- Assist the VP, IDEA in executing their portfolio plan for the board year in alignment with the portfolio’s five-year strategy.
- Train and onboard new committee members.
- Provide counsel on inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility components of the IABC World Conference in Toronto this June.
- Other duties as required.
- IABC/Toronto member
- Mid-level to senior-level communications experience
- Experience in inclusion, equity, diversity and accessibility preferred
Until June 30, 2023 (with opportunity for renewal next term)
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 13, 2023.