- Whether you are looking to connect with fellow global communication professionals, access educational resources to further your career, gain distinction through GCCC certification programs or simply stay on top of the latest news in the global communication industry, IABC membership is here for you.
- With multiple membership options and flexibility when it comes to payments, you can choose the membership that best fits your lifestyle and career goals.
- IABC Membership: As a member, you have access to all things IABC, including member-only resources, webinars, master classes, content in Catalyst, discounts on registration for the IABC World Conference and discounted professional certification through the Global Communication Certification Council.
- IABC+ Membership: You’re ready to invest in your career and professional development. As an IABC+ member, you have access to all benefits included in the IABC membership, plus an all-access pass to IABC Advance and waived GCCC certification application fee or recertification fee.
- Group IABC Membership: Joining IABC with your colleagues ensures all the benefits of IABC Global membership, but with a 15% discount when your company registers five or more members at once.
- It is important to forge connections with and learn from your industry, no matter how early you are on your career journey. IABC membership is here for you, at an accessible rate!
- Student Membership: Access the benefits of an IABC membership at a deeply discounted rate! Students actively pursuing a degree from an accredited institution are eligible for an IABC Student membership.
- Campus to Career Membership: Transitioning from a student environment to that of a full-time communication professional can be complex. IABC gives you access to a network of communication professionals from around the globe. Professionals who have graduated from a degree program from an accredited institution in the last year are eligible for the Campus to Career rate. Members are eligible for a Campus to Career membership for one year and then can transition to the Early Career Membership.
- Early Career Membership: As an Early Career member, you gain all the benefits of an IABC Membership, but at a rate that matches where you are in your career. Professionals who have been in the communications profession for 1 – 3 years are eligible; if an individual has been in the profession more than 3 years, then they become an IABC member that pays the full member rate.
Chapter and region events
Chapter and regional events provide virtual connection and continued learning on topics that span the communication profession.
- IABC has eight regions and more than 60 chapters in 15 countries around the world, holding dozens of networking and professional development events each month, and now virtually.
The Career Centre
The Career Centre can help land your next big opportunity, with IABC members gaining exclusive access to the newest postings.
- For the first seven days a job is posted on the IABC Career Centre, only IABC members have access to it, giving them an edge over other applicants. As many are uncertain about their role given the economic uncertainty brought on by COVID-19 and the Great Resignation, the Career Centre is a great benefit to be the first to hear about new positions.
Webinars and Virtual Master Classes
Regular webinars help you stay informed and up-to-speed on the latest trends, with instruction from experts in the field. IABC also hosts virtual Master Classes for participants to dive deep on specific topics. Stay tuned for additional details on these Master Classes, to be released soon!
Shared Interest Groups (SIGs)
IABC’s Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) provide members with a global community in which to develop their interests within a specific subject area. Become an active participant, connect with like-minded colleagues, tap into trustworthy sources to advance initiatives, and gather practical tips, learning opportunities and best practices. Go beyond the ordinary and plunge into the invaluable opportunities waiting within these communities. Current SIGs include:
- Student/Early Career
- Change Management
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Online content, like case studies and research from industry thought leaders, help you stay sharp and informed.
- The Catalyst content center on iabc.com allows you to easily search for topics and sort hundreds of case studies, research, videos, articles, podcasts and more.
IABC members enjoy discounts on:
- Professional certification through the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC). Earning professional certification can increase your opportunities for promotion, increase your earnings potential and help you stand out to recruiters.
- Online courses with IABC Advance.
- With dozens of courses and many webinars to choose from, the new IABC Advance platform allows you (members and non-members) to access your own professional development virtually on your own schedule on topics across the business communication spectrum.
- IABC World Conference
- Communication professionals from dozens of countries attend this annual gathering either in-person or virtually, giving you a truly global perspective, along with informative sessions and plenty of time for connection. The 2023 event hosted more than 900 attendees in Toronto, Canada!
- Join us in Chicago, 23-26 June 2024 for four days of learning, networking and socializing with communication professionals and executives from around the globe!
- IABC Gold Quill Awards.
For over 40 years, the IABC Gold Quill Awards have recognized excellence in communication. Every submission gets constructive feedback from two highly experienced and trained communicators, making it a great professional development opportunity.