- This event has passed.
Challenging Communication Metrics: An Act of Humanistic Rebellion
January 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
As seen at the 2022 IABC World Conference in NYC
Wednesday, January 11, 2023, Noon to 1 p.m. on Zoom
When dealing with measurements, professional communicators, marketing and PR pros often find themselves in a house of mirrors: a maze with multiple, very small aisles and wall-to-wall mirrors meant to be deceiving.
We tend to select measurements based on the data we know, understand, and can access readily. And we take data points to evaluate ourselves against, at face value, without considering whether they might be flawed and distorted.
Join Catherine Fisette, ABC, a senior communication and marketing professional, as she poses the thought-provoking question about measurements: are they well-represented or filled with flawed data?
Catherine is a tri-lingual communication consultant who provides expertise in external and internal communications and B2B marketing. She supports her corporate clients with strategic planning, project management, analytics, and process improvement. Catherine has more than 20 years of experience in the industry, working in Montreal, Toronto, Beijing and Shanghai.
- $15: IABC Member rate ($16.95 with HST)
- $25: Non-Member rate ($28.25 with HST)
Are you a member from another chapter? Contact email@example.com to access your member discount!
Session Learning Outcomes:
- • Review and challenge communication metrics based on what we know, rather than what we consider to be relevant in today’s world.
- • Develop and gain access to new and robust metrics that allow professional communicators, marketing and PR pros to measure how their performance drives business results,while still being relevant and representative of the breadth of our work.
- • Align these new metrics with socially responsible, diverse, inclusive and ethical practices, while considering the need to apply consistency and context across the board.
- • Learn how to make stronger, more valuable data-driven decisions.