Professional Independent Communicators (PIC) is a group that’s unique to IABC/Toronto and is free by request to all members.
As a PIC member, you’ll have access to benefits focused specifically on your work as an independent – whether you pursue it full time, part time, or simply want to learn more.
PIC offers you:
- Networking. Be part of a network of independent practitioners in Greater Toronto who share similar challenges and opportunities. Become a volunteer, and collaborate with your independent colleagues. Plus, you can learn from independent colleagues through the LinkedIn group.
- Work Leads. Learn about new work opportunities through the PIC email list. Get a free listing in our Member Directory. Generate peer referrals and develop a roster of potential “team players” for major projects.
- Education. Learn from experts during monthly PIC educational sessions that highlight a range of relevant topics, from personal branding to business planning to emerging trends. These sessions cost approximately $15 to $25 for IABC/Toronto members or $35 to $45 for non-members.
- Information. Stay connected with The Buzz, the monthly PIC e-newsletter that looks at current issues for independents, and features valuable highlights from our educational sessions.
- Profile. PIC is committed to raising the profile of independent communicators among all IABC members as well as in the general public.
How to Join
If you are already a member of IABC/Toronto, you can join PIC by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.